View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #382
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Naitch View Post
Also posted pics with Adam Jones and Joey Bats.

Quote:
If the Red Sox fail to retain David Ortiz, Adam Jones is sure the Baltimore Orioles would welcome the big DH on their roster.
“I see him 18 times a year on the other side. I’d love to have him with us for 162,” the center fielder said. “It would be good. He adds that punch to your lineup.”
Jones, 26, said Ortiz is one of the players he admires.
“He has that personality and that good temperament. When he invited me here for his event, I said yes in a second,” Jones said. “People have no idea the things he does.”
Two years ago, Jones said, Ortiz sent him a bottle of Ace of Spades champagne for his birthday and signed the label.
“It was a $1,000 bottle of champagne. I still have it,” Jones said. “The next time I have something to celebrate, I’m going to pop it open.”
Jones has run across a few Red Sox fans since the Orioles knocked the Sox out of the playoffs in the final game of last season.
“The were giving me a hard time. But the game is the game and people understand how it works,” he said.
Jones, in his second year of arbitration, is hopeful of signing a long-term extension with the Orioles.
“That part is not up to me,” he said. “That’s one thing I’ve learned. You can’t control everything. The ball is in their court.”
Jones has yet to speak to new Orioles general manager Dan Duquette.
I had heard that Duquette had spoken with Ortiz's agent though, so..hmm..don't really want him as the DH, though I guess he'd be somewhat of an improvent over Guerrerro's year last year at the plate so whatever..