View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 07:43 PM   #15
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've been waiting to upset you guys with this for a long time.

When I first started wrestling, my three favorites wrestlers were 1. Kane, 2. Test, and 3. Matt Hardy.

On paper, I shouldn't have liked Kane. The lack of continuity in his story arc, even his thematic presentation. Growing up with Pokemon, I was always a Pokemon Blue -- start with Squirtle, "fuck your Charizard, son" guy. I honestly think what I liked about Kane when I first started watching was that he was a side character. I've always preferred personalities that are away from the spotlight. Maybe there are some that feel Kane wasn't far away enough from the spotlight, but I always felt a bit of sympathy for his character. In fact, I can never say that I ever hated Kane. The company did a lot to diminish my interest, but the dumb, idiot child in me would always pop when he got a random win -- like over Edge at Vengeance 2005. Sorry about bringing that up.

I wasn't even opposed to his 2010 World Heavyweight Title run. I'm not a big fan of giving guys "thank you" runs, because you should only get the belt if you deserve it, but it was a company guy that had done his best to put guys over (although I struggle to think of one he really benefited), and was obviously something of a lighthouse in the lockerroom -- and about as mobile as one too. He got his win over The Undertaker, in his older brother's signature match too. Kane had a nice little moment.

Then he's still wrestling in 2014. But he gets squashed by The Shield, so it's okay, now he's done. Then he's still wrestling in 2015 and eliminates half the Royal Rumble again. Now it's 2016 and he pins Bray Wyatt on PPV and is still being protected. Do you think they're planning on something special for him at WrestleMania, guys? Maybe a match with The Undertaker? Don't say it's impossible.

Kane has been consistent over his career. As Luke Edwards once said "consistently shit," but you know what you're getting with Kane. Even for someone who still loves Kane, it's surely starting to get long in the tooth. Time for a visit to Isaac Yankem's office to get it removed. Liz Hurley is trending because she still looks amazing at 51 despite a discernible lack of talent -- Kane has got no excuses.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote