View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 07:50 PM   #31
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla View Post
As a native of Cincinnati myself, it really pains me to say this, but...

Dean Ambrose.

When he debuted as the charismatic, off-kilter mouthpiece for The Shield, I was immediately on board. Having watched him at numerous local shows before his big league debut filled me with a sense of vicarious accomplishment in a perverse way. It was clear that Cincinnati was about to have it's biggest pro wrestling star since Brian Pillman, and it was exciting.

Over time, though...they took away his edginess and made him a goofball-type that would probably be more fitting as an aloof character in a high school based sitcom. Sort of like AC Slater and Screech if they REALLY took things to the Max.

Really thinking about it, I feel that it may just be WWE's way of presenting babyfaces that has seemingly "unhinged" his genitals from his body, but that's the environment that I currently see him in, and it just makes me lunatic cringe.

A heel turn might do wonders. But until then, I miss you, Mox.
To be fair Ambrose did get to show that lunatic side of himself in his match with Brock Lesnar. WWE PG TV kinda reduces him to seeming more carefree than nuts like at WM32.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote