View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #467
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronepool View Post
And I agree, Hulk #24 was really cool. Despite it being very "Micheal Bay" and over the top- it's been very entertaining.
I honestly think comics these days need more of stuff like that. I love a deeply engrossing story as much as the next guy, but I feel like "fight scenes" have taken too much of a back seat.

I think they've taken a quantity over quality approach for fight scenes these days, just including as many people as possible in a shot, which while impressive from an art standpoint, isn't the same as a great one on one fight. Everyone in the pic is just in some generic fight pose. One on one or two on two fights force you to get more creative.

That's why World War Hulk is my favorite crossover from the last few years. It was just a series of one on one fights between hulk and the illuminati. And it's why I hated siege so much. How long did we wait for Thor vs Sentry? Years. Was probably the most anticipated match up in a very long time. Shit lasted like 3 panels, because they tried to cram the entire story into 4 issues. Thor vs Sentry should have been a whole issue to itself.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote