View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Honestly, it is so hard to remember the episodes of my youth and I don't have the network (it is not as awesome in Canada and much more irritating to access) so I can't go back and refresh my memory. I can only random segments and knowing that these segments were indicative of a show I loved.

As far as smoking hot shows, they would have to be during the Mcmahon-Helmsley regime. It's crazy to think how absolutely amazing these two were in early-mid 2000. I guess wrestling always has the tendency to give you too much of a good thing.

The two epsiodes which come mind are either the RAW where Jericho dusty finished and "won" the world title or when Taka Michinoku faced off against HHH for the title and honest to god had everybody thinking for one second hook line and sinker that Taka would win the world heavyweight championship.

I just remember how interactive the shows were in that time. It honestly felt like they really had their finger on the pulse during late 1999 until maybe 80% of the way through til 2000. HHH in those 2 episodes of RAW understood exactly how to make the guys around him look amazing while also maintaining his Cerebral Assassin persona. Everyone involved in a segment or match seemed to be excited and it really bled off of the television.

I remember particularly when Jericho beat HHH for the entire rest of the show it gave off the feeling that anything could happen, and every single performer it seemed as though they had their own special relationship with the fans.

Chris Crespi RIP
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote