View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:46 AM   #141
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .44 Magdalene View Post
To give you the Cliff Notes version, Superman is quite simply better than Goku in every goddamn conceivable way period. Take my word for it now while you still can, for the love of God. For those of you wanting to push it (and I know everyone does)...

Strength: Superman has demonstrated far more impressive strength than Goku ever has, period. If you want to consider GT canon--it's your funeral--than end series Goku (while fighting Omega Shenron) struggled to lift part of a city. He strained, neigh, battled just to heft a handful of buildings--a couple thousand tons, at most. If you don't want to consider that canon--and I don't blame you--then Goku's best strength feats are around SSJ2 to 3-ish, where he's splitting mountains apart with his bare hands. Impressive, sure.

Superman carried a fucking planet the size of the moon, armed and outfitted from its core to the outside with complete artillery. He carried--he god damn carried--a moon made out of fucking guns. Strength. While we can dispute Goku's power level versus Superman's theoretical power level all day, as far as sheer, pure feats go, Superman has this. Superman has held black holes shut with his god damn hands. If Goku's stronger than this, he's never showed it. Period.

What about speed? Goku can move faster "than the human eye." Oh fucking boy. Superman can do that same "blink out of sight" bullshit that Goku does, and in fact can approach light speed. Can Goku? Maybe, they never fucking say, so we can only assume that they're close to even in terms of speed. Here's the thing, though: even if Goku is a smidgen faster (let's give him the benefit of the doubt, why not), Superman has VASTLY. VASTLY superior control over his body when going at that speed. Goku can go fast and he can attack fast, and that's neat and all, but has never performed any technical feats involving his pace--speedblitzing, for instance, or in Superman's case VIBRATING THROUGH GOD DAMN FIRE. That's fucking right. Superman can vibrate his own body so fast that he TRAVELS. THROUGH. FIRE. And solid objects, but that's not as awesome. Crazier still, he can vibrate so fast that he becomes invisible to conventional vision, though I'm sure Goku could at least keep up with his movements well enough for this not to be a big deal. Basically, even if Goku IS faster than Superman (and there's no reason to assume he is), Superman has DEMONSTRATED multiple times a finer manipulation over his own speed, an ability to milk more out of it in an actual fight than Goku can.

But wait, you may say. Goku can blow up planets.

Glad you mentioned it. The only planets ever outright immediately destroyed in DBZ involve

A.) Filler
B.) Planets smaller than our world's Earth and/or
C.) Attacks explicitly designed for destroying planets, and not conventional ki attacks

or

D.) Krillen says an attack could blow the planet up but there's never any real evidence, just people shitting their pants for three episodes.

DBZ's earth is smaller than our's, and that's the truth (there's maps and shit, officially agreed to by Akira Toriyama and I could find them if I gotta). In other words, the moon that Master Roshi blew up was SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than our's, Arlia was filler, and Namek was taken out by an attack created solely for doing what it did. Majin Buu took out Earth at the end of the series, but Buu was hands down the most powerful villain in DBZ. I won't argue that Goku can't match that level of power, but I'll argue until I die that taking out a planet the size of OUR earth would be harder than taking out THEIR earth. Not that it fucking matters, because

dun dun dun DUUUUN: Superman could blow the Earth up if he wanted to.

Fact #1.) Superman's heat vision is literally his vision. There is no beam to avoid, there is no blast, there is no charging up or powering it. If you are within Superman's vision and he decides to light your ass up, guess it sucks to be you. Unless Goku can outright avoid being seen at all (and he can't, trust me), then Goku is not dodging a damn thing in this fight. Superman can even broaden the degree, angle, arc, etc of his heatvision to encompass more of his peripheral.

Fact #2.) Superman's heat vision does not lose heat as it fans out. Superman has heated the entire planet from space, and lost absolutely nothing in terms of power. He commented to himself that his heat vision has the same strength no matter how far he shoots it or how much he broadens it, meaning that if Goku is ten miles away and Superman can only barely see him... well, sucks for Goku, and everybody else ten miles between them.

Fact #3.) The upper temperature of Superman's heat vision is immeasurable by current technology, according to several different comics. Think about that for a second. We can measure the heat of a star. We can measure the heat of the sun. We can measure the heat of magma. We cannot, CANNOT MEASURE the heat of Superman's fully beefed up heat vision. Superman could, with a proper view of the Earth, hit the entire fucking planet with his SEEING IT and the entire god damn planet would experience a heat greater than science is capable of keeping up with.

Superman could, yes, incinerate the entire planet in an instant. No charging, no calling his attacks out, no powering up. Superman can reach space in the blink of an eye. That's half a second for him to appear in space, look at Earth, and Earth to stop being there. No cupping his hands. No screaming. Superman, half a second, no Earth. For every feat that Goku has ever accomplished--strength, durability, speed, energy--Superman has done the same and better consistently. There is just not a damn thing that Goku could do that Superman couldn't one up easily. Superman is superior to Goku in almost every way imaginable.

Boosh.
Bravo answer me this

If Superman is so strong why does he believe Batman can take him down if need be

I'm not bringing DBZ into this Manga or no.

Last edited by KIRA; 05-07-2010 at 04:48 AM.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote