View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 03:19 AM   #2381
Dark One
King of Suplexes/Oxy

Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Dark One makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Just caught up with four weeks of NXT. Good stuff.

Finn Balor continues to win me over. Liked his match with Tyson. Still really hate the double-stomp move in general, though, no mater who is using it.

Not a fan of Hideo Itami yet, though.... dunno... supposed to have "devastating" kicks and whatnot, but there are like a dozen guys who do more impressive kicks than him. He also hasn't shown me a ton of charisma. I dunno. All I think when he is out there is "Tajiri was way better than this".
I think part of the problem with Hideo Itami is Finn Balor. Hideo came in with all this hype, and then he brings in backup--which at least in NXT, has about 1000x time the presence and charisma he does. That blew up a lot of his momentum.

When Hideo debuted initially, he was treated like a star. As soon as he was paired up with Balor, Balor has such a "big fucking deal" factor, that Hideo seemed like less of a star in comparison.

Now that they've separated again, I think it'll get better. He does definitely have a problem like Smelly Meatball said with his move set. A lot of his stuff is off the table and it's a different style. That's going to take some time to get used to.

Neither man has had a lot of opponents in singles matches, but Balor's definitely gotten the better draw for their type of style in a couple of matches with Tyson Kidd. Hideo had Justin Gabriel early on, but that was only after a couple of weeks, which means basically no time for an adjustment yet.

I think of the two, Finn Balor is going to make it further, but Hideo can go a long way too, he just had the misfortune of debuting alongside the wrong guy at the wrong time.
Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote