View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #55
Bobo

Bobo does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Steele View Post
Bobo, why do you have this notion that anybody in wrestling who doesn't attain the level of success of a Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock, or Cena is either a failure or not due a certain level of respect and admiration for their contributions to professional wrestling?
I never said they were a failure. My point was that you can't claim that people like HHH are amongst the greats when firstly the were never truly the key superstars in their respective companies. And then if we want to talk about truly great I.e. Changed the face of pro wrestling and attained success beyond the ring then no HHH never achieved that.

My point about Goldberg, he was a world champion in the two biggest wrestling promotions of all time. In the WCW days alongside Hogan and the NWO and Sting, his streak and white hot popularity were key to WCW trouncing WWE in the ratings. The fact that fans still chant his name on Raw some 9 years after he left is an indicator of just how popular and well regarded he was and still is.

How many wrestlers can simply walk into the WWE and in their debut ppv do one on the Rock and then capture the world title in less than a year? Not many stars had that aura Goldberg did and it shows how highly regarded he was by WWE management that they would even contemplate allowing him to pick up a win over arguably the greatest superstar in pro wrestling in his debut ppv match.

Goldberg was a big star in both WCW and WWE that's why I rate him highly.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote