View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
I say "What the fuck happened last night? Make Hogan job CLEAN at the next PPV."
Hogan is the big problem, but how do you get around it? What do you say to Hogan to get him to see the bigger picture and let him know that he will be valued until his contract expires or whatever?

Hogan signed a brand new contract around the middle of 1998, I believe, so it's reasonable to assume that Hogan's paranoia and desire to position himself as an invaluable star would be running quite high. Hogan felt the need to muddy the waters with Sting a bit. How do you make Hogan realize that he can take a step back, build up good will by making guys like Sting and still be extremely valuable to professional wrestling? Is it even possible?

I think until that new deal is inked, Hogan's not in the mood to really allow anyone to get pure shine. You have to lay out plans for the guy and possibly even get him signed to his new deal, which he isn't likely signing unless he has creative control. This is where it gets really tough. Can you convince Hogan to get bonuses for every fall he takes that increases the merchandise sales of individuals within the next three months? Could you create some sort of clause that encourages Hogan to step out of the immediate spotlight and see the value in putting others over and them getting as hot as possible, but that you can also use to highlight how important he still is and that you're not going to job him out needlessly because you want that Hogan hegemony to be worth something for when he does lose?
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote