View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #329
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
• Raw opens with a promo yet again but what else is new. The whole "Sparkle Crotch" thing just reminded me of Cena's "JBL is Poopy" thing. Both come across as being really immature and even though "Sparkle Crotch" was used to make fun of Jericho and make him look stupid, I just felt that Rollins came across as being the one who was stupid.

Their match though was good.

• It's weird that during the Raw intro, I saw Mark Henry and I thought to myself "Why is Mark Henry in the intro? He's only had one match since the split and that was around three months ago", then lo and behold Mark Henry has a match on Raw.

So we have The Golden Truth & Mark Henry vs The Shining Stars & Titus O'Neil, and this six-man tag match is happening because of some watches. So in the space of a month, The Shining Stars have went from defeating the highly popular Enzo & Cass who were on a roll, to losing to The Golden Truth & Mark Henry in a match over watches, because that makes sense.

When they defeated Enzo & Cass I was hoping that it would lead to something, but classic WWE writing/booking strikes again.

• New Day making constant drug references because "drug references are funny and cool". Even Cesaro wasn't up for those references on his Facebook video thing.

"Oh, 420. You made a drug reference. Very smart."

• Even though Curtis Axel got his ass handed to him by Bo, I was happy with it as it hopefully means we'll get more Axel in the future. I hope we do and we can see how Axel will be as a face. I just hope that it leads to something and it's not just forgotten about next week and Axel vanishes, then he just randomly appears on Superstars in December acting like nothing ever happened.

However, this is the WWE and to them, defeating a hot tag team and then a month later having a match with three guys in their mid-40's from The Attitude Era, in a match over watches makes perfect sense. So who knows what'll happen with Axel.

• I now dread Bayley matches as that's when I reach the point where I find Byron Saxton annoying. I just can't listen to him during her matches as he spouts out the same stuff every time with his annoying fake happy voice.

I was actually surprised that Dana Brooke got a clean win over Bayley, but I think that maybe it wasn't supposed to be a clean win and that her foot was supposed to be on the rope but she couldn't reach it.

If there is a way to work around it, I think maybe they could go with saying that Bayley's left foot was under the ropes and the referee was in a bad position to see it, as it actually did look like her leg/foot was under the bottom rope from the angle we saw on TV.

• The Strowman squash match was actually quite enjoyable. I don't get why Sami Zayn was chosen to be the main roster guy to go against Strowman. This could end up potentially ruining Strowman's character is he loses to Zayn. It's a big gamble.

Why would anyone fear/take seriously the 385 lb Strowman after losing to Zayn? The 212 lb man who calls himself an underdog. I can't help but think if Strowman does lose to Zayn, then my joke about him will most likely come true.

If it was Mark Henry instead of Zayn, then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.

• Rusev's family photos were actually quite entertaining. I would say that Rusev is my favourite thing about Raw at the moment. The guy is just gold on the mic and great in the ring.

• On the opposite side of that is TJ Perkins. We have yet more video game references being shoehorned in whenever Perkins is on screen.

I find him to be a bit on the bland side with his promos. He reminds me of those terrible actors you see in those "so bad it's good" type movies you get on Syfy or whatever, where the lead male character's acting is just really bad and bland and his facial appearance is highly generic.

I really hope Kendrick wins at Hell in a Cell.

• Goldberg's return actually made me feel slightly nostalgic. It was good. I was never a big Goldberg fan back in the day, in fact, I hated him for a time but it was actually good to see him on Raw.

The guy hasn't wrestled in 12 years though, so I don't know how he'll be in the ring when the time comes, but he has at least a month to get rid of his ring rust (if he hasn't already been doing it since May) if the match will be happening at Survivor Series.

I think the match would be better suited for WrestleMania though, but from a "HYPE THE GAME" standpoint, Survivor Series makes more sense as 2K17 has just be released and I doubt anyone will care about the game and its glitches by December, so his match with Lesnar happening as soon as possible would be understandable.

• Raw always feels like a complete mishmash and this week was no different. There were some good points about Raw this week though, such as Curtis Axel's possible going on a face run, Rusev and everything he does and the return of Goldberg.

But for some reason, Raw can't seem to have consistently good shows, whereas SmackDown appears to be managing it with ease.
I'm thinking Bo is the one being pushed, not Axel. That said, at least Axel is getting some TV time. Let's see what he does with it.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote