View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #49
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My predicted card is pretty similar to Mr. Pierre's but with a few differences including the build:

WWE World Championship
John Cena vs. The Undertaker (C)

Like Pierre's card I have Balor challenging for his brand's title too, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready by the Rumble. So Cena wins the Rumble, possibly as a surprise return - joins Austin in the group of 3 time winners to add to his accolades as he chases #16.

WWE Universal Championship
Finn Balor vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (C)

I'd love Jeri-KO to stay together forever, but you know eventually WWE will have them turn on one another after teasing it many times. This COULD be a one on one match as Jericho might actually be back with Fozzy by this point, but if he sticks around I think he'll wiggle his way into this match as an actual participant.

Battle of the Part-Timers Part 3
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

This is essentially a lock.

We Haven't Forgotten About This Even Though We Haven't Followed Up Since August
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Again, a lock.

WWE United States Championship
Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns (C)

This is on Pierre's card and is being heavily rumored anyway. Doesn't particularly thrill me but I can understand the logic behind it.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Luke Harper vs. Sami Zayn vs. Zack Ryder vs. The Miz (C)

I could see the Intercontinental Title ladder match carrying on being an annual thing. Bryan's last big moment as a WWE wrestler occurred in this very match, and he hates Miz for being a "coward" so booking him in one of these matches again plays into the story. Bryan announces 5 former Intercontinental champions as Miz's challengers, and the final entrant is announced as Sami Zayn who winds up being acquired in a trade with Raw.

#1 Contender's Match
AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

I'm going on a limb with this one. Part of me thinks Samoa Joe will never come to the main roster and he's mainly around to help NXT. But I'm hoping he ends up as a Rumble mystery entrant, and he shows up on SmackDown where he's likely to be received as a face right away no matter what he was doing in NXT. This would just be a damn good match and would serve to set up Cena's post-WM program. Seeing these two competing at WrestleMania would also be an amusing LOLTNA moment.

The Wyatt Family Explodes!
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

I hope I'm wrong with this, I much prefer Pierre's Wyatt/Orton/Alpha match and I love Randy as a Wyatt. But I don't think WWE will be able to resist having them break up prematurely so they can have a Mania program, especially since Orton might be requesting time off and as a Wyatt that would mean taking the entire Family off air for periods of time.

Raw Women's Championship
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Bayley (C)

Another triple threat for a Raw belt but there's no way in hell Charlotte isn't going to be in the Women's Title match and I don't see Sasha being left off either. I would actually say there's a chance Bayley wins the title at the PPV before Mania somehow, because I'm already projecting a bunch of title changes for this PPV as is.

SmackDown Women's Championship
Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch (C)

Again, this is very much the expected course of action. I'd rather swap this with the Raw match with Nikki being champ going in and Bayley being the beneficiary of the "big moment" title switch, but I think this way is more likely.

Token WrestleMania Celebrity Spot
Big Show, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson vs. Shaquille O'Neil, Kofi Kingston, and Big E w/ Xavier Woods

Big Show/Shaq seems unavoidable - but adding Gallows, Anderson, and The New Day to this mix helps get more guys on the show and might make the match watchable and a fun little midcard match.

Raw Tag Team Championships
Cesaro and Sheamus vs. The Revival (C)

I expect to be The Revival to be the ones to finally dethrone The New Day after they've broken Demolition's record. I actually can see the Cesaro/Sheamus angle carrying on well into next year. This can be the moment the team either finally comes together fully to win the tag belts, or they can lose and break up/

SmackDown Tag Team Championships
The Usos vs. The American Alpha (C)

I mean, these two are clearly the best teams on SmackDown. If the Wyatts/Alpha match can't happen - this is obviously the best possible showcase of the blue brand's tag division.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Kalisto vs. Gran Metalik (C)

Metalik's with WWE full time now I believe, him having the belt by this point is just me working on a hunch. Kalisto should have been on Raw anyway with the cruiserweight division, in this scenario I'm imagining he's the guy sent to Raw in the trade for Sami Zayn.

4th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Aiden English, Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Big Cass, Bo Dallas, Curt Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Darren Young, Epico, Enzo Amore, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, James Ellsworth, Jinder Mahal, Kenny, Konnor, Mark Henry, Mikey, Mojo Rawley, Neville, Primo, R-Truth, Rhyno, Rusev, Simon Gotch, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Viktor

Some of these guys might be hurt (Mark Henry), others might not even be full time with the roster (Spirit Squad) but this field neatly worked out to 30 dudes. Replace whoever you need to with cruiserweights or random legends to make up the field as needed. I'm thinking Big Cass takes this and begins his first steps towards being a singles competitor.

-----

This card is fucking huge but bear in mind last year's Mania was a beyond ridiculous 7 hours between the pre-show and main card. Clearly some of these matches would be tossed onto the pre-show but it should be doable. If I had to consolidate a match it would definitely be Wyatt/Orton, as mentioned I'd much rather see them tag against Alpha.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote