View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #45
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Electric View Post
Look we all know 'The Call' and 'See No Evil' were very close to Oscar nomination.

Maybe not in the USA but over here Nick Frost is a household name and Stephen Merchant is as well because of The Office etc.
Nick Frost hasn't really been "relevant" here since the mid 2000's. He was what felt like everywhere between 2004 and 2007, since then, he just randomly appears on TV talking about his latest movie.

Last time he was on TV here talking about his latest movie was in 2014 when he was talking about Cuban Fury and even that didn't do that greatly or receive a great reception from critics. Between 2007 and 2014, he's only had two movies that he's plugged on TV and which were successes, Paul and The World's End.

There seems to be a pattern that's emerged with the movies he's in, that they aren't really that "great" so to speak, unless he's with Simon Pegg. His movies with Pegg have done well and are generally well received, whereas his movies without Pegg are quite the opposite.

All the times I remember him being on TV talking about his latest movie, all the ones with Pegg have turned out successful but his others, not so much.

I won't lie though, everyone here knows Nick Frost, but if that pattern is to be believed, then we also know that without Pegg, his movies aren't really worth flocking to the cinema to see.

I really doubt when the movie is released and Nick Frost's names is plastered on the front cover of the DVD (or if he's lucky, movie poster), that people will see it and think "Wow, this is a must watch. Nick Frost is in it!".

As for Stephen Merchant, he's pretty much the same as Nick Frost. Everyone here knows his name but that doesn't mean we'll be rushing to watch his movies.

The movies he has been in aren't really memorable (or successful) ones. Much like Frost & Pegg, Merchant can't seem to be "successful" without Ricky Gervais. Merchant is more of a television actor than a movie actor but from his television work that's given him the most success, it's all be with Gervais.

As we're posting on a wrestling forum, I'll say this in a way we can all understand and is appropriate....

The Rock has got himself two Jannettys.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote