View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #33
Dave Youell
1/2 Optimist 1/2 Amazing

Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Hey,

What I miss?

4FW have done a very good job around creating a very professional looking product. I did work for them ages ago, but no more. They run very close to my promotion (CSF) in Bristol, I'm not here to big them up as they don't have an online presence and generally we do family friendly non edgy shows.

I've worked for LDN a few times. Sanjay Bagga has got an excellent business model and very good training schools that produce decent talent for the shows he puts on.

Here's the thing about UK wrestling though.

There is no such thing as a 'draw' in the UK.

Good promoting gets in good crowds, bad promoting gets bad crowds. The draws are people who were on TV, so it's basically imports that bring in big crowds ala 1PW. It's not a sustainable model though. Too expensive to keep it up.

Don't get me wrong, there's loads of really good workers in this country, but. No one that a regular fan would see on a poster and just come because they are on it
Dave Youell is offline   Reply With Quote