View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #70
Tazz Dan
Y2KoTF

Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tazz Dan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And from WWE's current stock of everyday wrestlers, Cena is the marquee guy today. But I don't get the idea of him only being the marquee protected guy, even when Punk was champion, Cena was still the face of the show. They didn't even do that with Austin in the Attitude Era, he was the face of the show but Mankind and the Rock were given full opportunities to be the top dog as well. Not blaming Cena for any of this, I think he's a hard worker and quality guy, it comes down to WWE just focusing on one guy solely to be face with no one else being able to get near his level. Ryback is the first guy in a long time it seems like WWE is giving a chance to be on Cena's level.
But really, Cena is the new Austin in the fact he's the face of the company, and Punk, Sheamus, Mark Henry and Big Show to name a few have been given opportunities around him.

I believe they should be working better on pushing new talent, don't get me wrong, but everything that's happening is being done from a business perspective. How many people here stream PPV's? It's not like the IWC would ever come close to providing the WWE with the money sponsors do, and until that day comes, and it never will, things will continue on the way they are, whether we like it or not.

That's being realistic.
Tazz Dan is offline   Reply With Quote