View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #73
Aguakate

Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)Aguakate is good (20,000+)
11/07/2011

Ron Washington's Game 7 pre-game speech is a bleeping, blanking winner

Rangers manager Ron Washington is not the first man to bend the truth, or lie, to the media. Seems Ron told the media before the start of Game 7 of the World Series that he didn't say anything out of the ordinary to his team. Baseball is not football in that rah-rah speeches are seldom delivered because there are just so many games.

But Ron, in fact, did go a little Knute Rockne on his team.

An audio file of Washington's speech to the team in the visitor's clubhouse in St. Louis has been found, and click here to listen to the raw audio.

Say this for the Rangers, from the sounds of this audio they were loose.

WARNING: This language isn't exactly straight out of a Disney movie. As to be expected with Wash', and baseball, this is over-loaded with language that would make a trucker blush.

Here are a pair of excerpts from this speech:

"When the series started I told you guys last night that it was seven games. Well, it's seven (bleeping) games. We've believed in each other throughout the whole (bleep bleep) year and there is no reason not to do it now. We knew how close we were last night but now we've found out how tough it is to win a World Series. It was one of the most tremendous baseball games that I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of and I hope you felt the same way. We were champions out there last night, and those (bleeping) guys were champions, too."

"We can play this (bleeping bleeping) game, ain't no doubt about it. We can beat those (bleeping bleepings) over there. No doubt about it. But I can tell you this - they are over there saying the same (bleeping bleeping) thing. Why? Because they are champions, too. And good (bleeping bleeping) champions. But we know we can beat those (blanking blankers). They aren't so sure about us."

Michael Young can be heard speaking up:"Fellas, we got this man. Last night was a (blank). It was an incredible game let's not think about last night. We can tell stories 20 years from now how we survived Game 6 and came back and sprayed champagne in Game 7."

And then Wash threw in this as well:
"Remember - all for one, one for all. ... It ain't nothin' but a (blanking blanking) game that we can play."

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1cxioesS0