View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 01:11 AM   #2375
alvarado52
Two weeks.

alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyguy View Post
I like the celtics in this series. For the first time in the playoffs the lakers will be playing a team that actually plays defense. Not only that, but the best defensive team in the nba. The key to stopping the lakers has always been to contain or shut down their big men. Up until now the lakers big men have had a field day. OKC had o big men, the jazz have no legit 7 footers, and boozer has always been a sieve defensively. Amare has the same defensive woes as boozer, and the suns implemented a zone to junk the games up. Perkins and Garnett are totally different beasts defensively. Perkins allowed the celtics to stay home on their defensive assignments by effectively single covering dwight howard. I'm expecting both bynum and gasols efficiency to go way down with perkins muscling in the paint with bynum, and gasol having to contend with the length of garnett. Rondo will also be an interesting situation. Fisher has no shot of containing rondo.

You might see the lakers match kobe up against him because they have nobody that can stay in front of him, and at least kobe has a length advantage. Dealing with rondo is a full time job though because he is the celtics catalyst and Kobe will need energy for the offensive end. It should be noted that Perkins only needs 1 more technical that will give him a one game suspension. That could really tip the momentum for the lakers. If I were LA I would do everything I could to get under his skin because they have no replacement for his low post defensive presence.
so i guess Perkins and KG play every minute of every game? You dont think bodying up Bynum/Gasol is gonna tire them out as much as the other way around? Not to mention Odom can be placed at the 4 just as easily, and Artest could also bang if necessary (something i wish they would do more instead of have him float at around the 3 arc).

Rondo will have his, but not as easily as he has had it in the east. Sasha cant be relied on for offense, but you damn sure can rely on him to chase your guard around relentlessly. Brown has the athleticism to keep up with Rondo as well, the question being if he will bother to since he tends to be lazy on defense.

Pierce will have issues with Artest.

All in all, its not gonna be as easy as you just made it sound, like the Lakers have no answers for the Celts and the Celts have all the answers for the Lakers.