View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #1000
FearedSanctity
Von Killer

FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)FearedSanctity is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrA View Post
I think Peyton Manning leaving Indianapolis officially marks the beginning of the end of the New England/Indianapolis/Pittsburgh monopoly that has dominated the AFC for the last decade. I guess you could say it started last year when he was out for the season. Those three teams have gradually become more and more lethargic while the NFC continues to gain talent and energy. I wouldn't be surprised if a team from out of the blue took over the AFC next season, although no one really comes to mind right away.
I think Denver could be poised to become a top team. If Elway can get a couple more good young pieces on defense in the draft (namely a DT and CB) as well as a QB to develop, the Broncos are a young enough team all around to be near or even at the top of the AFC for years. The key will be finding that developmental QB to sit behind Manning and take over 3-5 years from now after he retires. They may not be able to make a real run this year as Peyton comes in and adjusts and gets back in shape, but 2013 may be their best shot