Thread: Hey Cynick
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #88
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
When you look back at the previous era's stars, they all cut their teeth as heels and then made the huge turn. Hogan, Michaels, Austin/Rock, Cena.

Guys like Jericho, Punk, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, etc also got established as heels before turning. Rarely is there a Steamboat or Mysterio type where they're just natural babyfaces.

Reigns turning heel could go long way.
I'm not against a Reigns heel turn, but I trust WWE knows what's best based on internal metrics that they have access to. If Reigns is the #1 merch seller outside Cena, that tells you it's not time to turn him.

People have been saying for years that they should turn Cena, but WWE never did it, because the numbers are clear that more paying customers like Cena than hate him. I feel the same is true with Reigns, just maybe not to the same level of Cena.

And at the end of the day it sounds like WWE has done a great job making some fans salivate at the thought of Reigns turning heel. Point is, one way or the other, people care about Roman Reigns. That means WWE has done their job.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote