View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #333
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
I think lots of people online think they can do things better than Vince, which is absolutely insane given that NOBODY has come close to the success Vince has had. WCW was the closest and they managed to have success for barely over a year, and then they were squashed dead by Vince. My favourite thing online is reading how people say a guy like Jim Cornette is a great mind and a booking genius. He's had stops in other companies, but I didnt see them blast off in terms of popularity. I never saw him create a worldwide superstar. Its a very unique industry, and only Vince has mastered it, therefore I give him the benefit of the doubt on decisions.

The other major beef I have is when people talk like Vince makes decisions for anything other than making money for his company in mind. The narrative is usually things like "oh he wanted to bury that guy because he's from WCW". Has any of the so called reporters in this industry ever got a quote from Vince or HHH to validate that claim? No of course not. But the people who read that garbage, take it like its gospel, and try to pass it off as fact in conversations like this one.

Roman Reigns may not catch on as a #1 babyface, but it wasnt long ago, when he looked like he was on his way to becoming just that. The same Vince that is apparently out of touch, also managed to place Daniel Bryan in the main event of 30 and create one of the most special moments in WWE history. Was he out of touch by having Daniel go down with a career threatening injury? The same Vince green lights NXT every night. Because NXT exists to appeal to a subset of the sports entertainment audience, the people on here say its the best thing in the company. Its the same guy giving the go ahead. Cant have it both ways thats all.
You think? That's exactly the problem. No, Dale got it right. You think wrong.

Also, you do realize that Jim Cornette was right there at Vince McMahon's right-hand side during some of the most critical re-building periods the WWE has ever had, right?

One could very easily make the argument that Vince never "created" a massive international star on his own either. He's given them platforms, which is what the role of an old-school booker was to do.

What about Kevin Sullivan? He basically created Goldberg by using a Mike Tyson template. I'm not a massive hater of The Berg, but you can't deny that how he was presented was a large part of his success in the industry. It's really annoying when you do this "Vince is responsible for all the good; none of the bad" bullshit.

It's also been widely reported that Vince does not have much input in NXT at all. Sure, he could shut it down in a second -- but let's not pretend he's running that show or a major creative influence. That's just not true.

Your last paragraphs just ramble into nonsense. Apparently you should ask a racist if he racist or something. You're impossible. There is plenty of supported evidence that allows you to see a large picture of what the WWE culture is like, and what Vince McMahon's attitudes are towards certain things.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote