View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #9
Heyman
Father of Hinduship

Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heyman makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb2k View Post
So, for this week's podcast, we're looking to talk about classic episodes of wrestling television, and would like your suggestions for your personal favourite individual episode of wrestling TV you've ever seen.

It can be from any company at any point in time, but we're looking for your pick for the particular episode, what you thought made it great as an entire show, and why it stands out to you so much over all the others. Whether it's great matches, great angles, a dynamic energy or personal nostalgia, what makes it your favourite?

As always, the best contributions will be read and discussed on the show, and you'll be credited accordingly - so what's your pick?
1) HBK and The Corporation completely owns X-Pac and DX. This wasn't just one episode, but it spanned over a few episodes. It was during the time when Shawn Michaels turned heel and joined the Corporation (i.e. nailing X-Pac with the chair). On the next Raw, X-Pac called out Commissioner HBK and HBK completely and utterly destroyed X-Pac on the mic. A week or so later, DX came out to mock the Corporation, but The Rock had the last laugh when him and HBK completely owned Triple H and DX.

2) This was around 2004, but the RAW where Triple H and Chris Benoit had an Iron Man match while the other hour was devoted to a Battle Royale (which Orton won).

3) Jericho's 'phantom' world title victory over Hunter in 2000.

4) Late 1998 - Undertaker and Kane were scheduled to face The Rock, Ken Shamrock, and Mankind in a 2-3 handicapped match. The match was funny to me because Rock, Shamrock, and Foley kept beating the crap out of each other (they were feuding at the time), and Taker/Kane just sort of stood their scratching their heads.

5) The last episode of RAW before Summerslam 1998. Summerslam 1998 was one of the greatest PPV's of all-time in my opinion (only slightly below Wrestlemania 17 in my opinion.....that's how much I hold it in high regard). the 'Highway to Hell' hype that year was off the charts and each and every one of those feuds were captivating. Everything from Nation punking out Chyna, to Kane being in 'cahoots' with Taker, to Shamrock/Owen Hart's borderline gay promo's, etc., etc. The Raw before Summerslam 98' *really* did a tremendous job in hyping what was already shaping up to be a phenomenal PPV.
Heyman is offline   Reply With Quote