Thread: Ryback
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #10
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokface View Post
I will support this push of Ryback. I watched Goldberg on his rise, I hope to expect the same push, or better.
Still, I was a bit more entertained with Goldberg, if for no other reason than the fact that it was more out of nowhere. I remember actually seeing the debut vs. Hugh Morrus. Instantly thought Billy G was going to job. Yeah, he "looked intense" and impressive, but how many generic jobbers went through WCW on a regular basis and laid down for The Cat or Glacier. Personally, would have liked to see Goldberg do that backflip like in that match more often, even though it would have made absolutely no character sense to do so.

With that said, it's close enough of a character (and, enough time has gone by) that they may have him go for Goldberg's streak. He's already got one up on Bill in that he's going through absolute nobodies instead of padding the resume with Norman Smiley or Jerry Flynn multiple times. Of course, to actually achieve this, he would have to appear on more than Smackdown. I mean, at one point, Goldberg was up to like 3 squashes a week from Nitro, Thunder, and WorldWide. Skip would have to do all four shows to get his numbers up.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote