View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #20
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Held a 8-5 lead over Dragon heading into the final day of the season...lost 7-6. Ah well. Congrats Dragon!

Frankly I'm happy to have made it as far as I did considering how little I really paid attention. One look at my roster and you'll note I had 2 pitchers who had been shut down for the year for over a week and I didn't even notice. I don't think to read up on my players unless Yahoo notes an important message (red star next to the yellow info box) and I don't think I bothered even looking at my score breakdown until Saturday, by which point it was too late to really do anything.

It probably wouldn't have mattered. Price, Ventura, and Pineda came up huge for Dragon on the final day and I doubt anybody I could have signed could have made up the difference in K's even if I made a move before the start of the week. I guess I could have made it closer on net saves/holds had I not wasted a roster spot on Glen Perkins not realizing he was shut down, but again that's very iffy.

Unsure on whether or not I'll be back next year. Even when my team is good, it feels like a chore setting a lineup every day. If I do come back it will be this league though, I had 4 teams this year and it was just entirely too much.