View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #32
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus View Post
Not good. Still not many legit tag teams (that aren't just random singles guy match ups), mid-card titles don't mean anything, very rarely are their mid-card storlines at lead anywhere, and not much holds the interest of the audience outside of a couple of main guys. Add that to the Royal Rumble absolute abortion that happened and Punk leaving, it's just not all that great right now. That isn't to say that there isn't a silver lining because there are a few storylines that are saving everything. The Shield vs Wyatts is absolutely fucking incredible and they are finally trying to salvage the Bryan fiasco. There is hope, I just feel so broken from all of the hot garbage they've served us this year, I'm afraid to look forward to anything.
For the first time in a long time, there are several talents that actually mean something. Bryan, Shield, Wyatts, Cesaro, and the Usos have all stepped up recently and have connections with the crowd. Back in 2011 when Punk was going to leave, I was going to stop watching because there was nothing to be excited about. Now, I can sit through RAW and not miss Punk.

Also WWE finally got it right with the right people having heat on the show. Crowd support and storylines are actually intertwined instead of heels being cheered over the hero of the story. They even listened to the crowd and turned Batista.

In the fall, there were a lot of legit tag teams: Shield, Rhodes, Wyatts, PTP, Usos, Real Americans, then Los Matadores and 3MB if you count them as contenders. Some of these teams broke up but the Ascension is all but ready to come to RAW (and leave my NXT forever). Contrast this to TNA, where the jokiest jokes of all jokes who were losing to ODB all of the sudden won the tag titles and are supposed to be serious guys, and the best tag team on the roster won't have their contracts renewed.

I'll go with the Authority special B+. Fantastic wrestling, good main story going into Mania, but undercard can use some direction.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote