View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #682
Sting Fan
Blander Than Ever

Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Sting Fan has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Thats the first PPV I have paid for and watched cover to cover in years. I enjoyed it all immensely until the main event.

I enjoyed the womens matches, I didnt tune out at Corban vs. Miz which is a miracle as both make me want to change the channel and once I realized AJ was getting some offense in I enjoyed the hell out of that match.

My two issues with it were.

1. AJ Could have won. It wouldn't have hurt Brock at all to lose on some kind of uber fluke from a crazy Styles spot. Frame it as a "can you believe AJ actually pulled that shit off?". Maybe, just maybe push AJ onto another level and either line up a cross brand rematch later or keep the two apart and drive any story you want. AJ is ducking Brock, Brock is worried by AJ, or just go full WWE and ignore it ever happened.

2. All dreams aside they should have put the SS Match up second last and finish with AJ vs. Brock. Have your general clusterfuck of an ending that made no sense to the SS match and go into AJ vs. Brock with people daring to believe on some of those pinfalls for AJ and Smackdown finding a little redemption in a galant defeat. Smackdown came off as the chump show in that main event.

I really quite enjoyed the show but I had dared to hope the days of HHH/Mc Mahon ego booking were done and I was wrong. the good news was as a guy who doesnt watch much Raw or SD anymore I saw enough goods guys to be interested in the future of wrestling. I just dont know how much they can truly star while we trot out a wasted away looking Angle, a pudgy HHH and Shane O Mac as the headliners with Braun Stauman playing the lost child on the roadside to it all.
Sting Fan is offline   Reply With Quote