Thread: Halo: Reach
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #302
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Pretty much hate the community in this game. NOBODY communicates. It's like people have never played a shooter before or something.
Try the search filters? It should hook you up with "chatty" people. 'Psyche Options' or something.

Quote:
Also, I hate how they took too much focus away from 'lone wolf' style gameplay, where you could go into a room alone (in previous games) and own a group of people. Now, if you come across 2 people, they can spray assault rifles at you and you're dead.
This is not so much a problem as it is a fact of life. Team games are team oriented; you want lone wolf they have Rumble Pit.

Quote:
Meleeing has become worthless compared to past games. I should be able to unload an entire assault rifle clip into someone and then melee them once and kill them. Fucking retarded that it takes more than that.
I bet 40$ you're not shooting it right.

Quote:
Also, the assault rifle on its own is a PIECE OF SHIT. The gun is absolutely worthless, and that alone has made me frustrated with this game.
The AR is awesome. As a sort of 'chip damage' support or a mid-range rush down. Fire in burst or spray when you're supporting someone. Everyone I play with love it. The 'rush-to-whack' issue you have is most likely lack of adjusting to the stronger shield.

Quote:
...You end up starting with a piece of shit assault rifle, and it's impossible to learn the map as you play when everyone is grabbing power weapons.
Learn the map in custom games. Also most people vote DMR games. What hoppers you frequent?

Quote:
Some of the maps are great. But I absolutely can't stand others, because there's nothing 'cool' about them. Previous Halos had some cool maps that really stood out, and were typically easy to navigate.
I agree that their map philosophy this time around was vague and perhaps lazy. All the blogs and analysis over their H3 style only to return (literally) to maps they specifically said were lacking their purpose. Eventually DLC and community maps will rectify.

Quote:
Also hate how they don't have anything in place to put people in games that are short some players. If someone leaves on your team, you're pretty much fucked. Just had an invasion game where 2 players on our team quit instantly at the beginning of the game.
Should the game abort and match-make again even after everything's loaded? What other game solves the issue of players quitting/DCing at the top of a match? How is that a 'Halo Reach' problem?

Anyway, people need to start voting and when they do - stop voting for Sniper games. SWAT I don't mind as much but I'm sick of people essentially recon whoring BC2 style.

Also great to hear the legions of suburban ganstas reppin their elementary school. Halo attracts this like no other game.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote