View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 AM   #30
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
Winning the survival mode in No Mercy by eliminating everyone was pretty sweet.

Also finally conquering Legacy of the Wizard was great. Took such a long time to navigate that one.
You beat Legacy of the Wizard? I had figured out you could use the invincible dragon-dog to find the first crown, found 2 and 3 via Nintendo Power, Gamepro, and a magnifying glass, and stumbled into the last one... I don't remember how. But I could never figure out how I could get Rohas to the dragon, since he was the only one who could use the sword, but he sucked at everything. I chalked that up as a wasted Saturday and gave up.

Memorable *in game* experience was Metal Gear Solid's fight with Psycho Mantis... not so much the 4th wall break, but the subsequent fight. I actually beat him before I learned about switching controller ports. I used up pretty much all weapons (mostly the FAMAS- I would fan spray so that when he strafed, at least ONE bullet would hit him), and it took several tries, but I got the bastard. Wasn't until my second playthrough I learned about the port switch.

Memorable *gameplay* moment comes from Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Yes, it was a pretty shitty, generic, and simplistic game, but it was the only full out game I ever remember seeing my mom play hardcore. And beat. Imagine walking into your house after school and seeing a parent who doesn't really play video games not only playing something other than Tetris, but about to head up to the final boss with no help. I thought it was pretty fucking cool.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote