View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #110
Requiem

Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I think everyone else was dying either because they served their purpose to the island, or they just didn't have a purpose. IE - there was a reason those people survived, because all of their actions influenced the others' actions in some way, even if it was extremely small. In that particular moment though, the island needed someone to die to make way for the baby.

I think this is best explained with Micheal's situation. The island wouldn't let him die because he still had a purpose. He was still needed to do something which later helped people. Now, obviously the whole 'unable to die if you were alive before' bit isn't foolproof, as shown by Ben's absolute shock in seeing his daughter killed. (I am referencing timelooptheory, because I am 99.9% positive that theory will be the closest of any LOST theory once the show is done)
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote