View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #338
Asmo

Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Asmo has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Saw it Friday, and i'll try and attempt a spoiler-free opinion. I'll also compare AOU to The Avengers.

I remember walking in to The Avengers without any expectations. I'd only watched Iron Man and Iron Man 2 before, and really wasn't clued in to the MCU. The Avengers changed that. Here was a movie that attempted to tie in various properties to create seamless entertainment, and it worked, adding a lot of wit, humour along the way. It felt new and fresh. I hadn't been entertained by a movie like The Avengers in years!

Now, fast forward to last Friday. I follow the MCU, well, almost all of it (haven't seen Agent Carter). The characters are all out there, and some of them had fantastic stories along the way (really liked Iron Man 3 and The Winter Soldier). Even though i don't have great expectations from AOU, subconsciously, i hope it's able to deliver the same rush the first film had given me. It doesn't.

It's definitely a GOOD movie. It's popcorn entertainment, and gives you moments to cherish. But, it isn't groundbreaking. It isn't fresh. It felt like a chapter, meant to progress a larger story forward. It felt, a tad formulaic. It didn't feel like the epic the first one was. Should it have? Could it have? Yeah, i'd want it to.
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote