View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 01:20 AM   #275
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
Whilst WWE can be petty, listening to Breezango's appearance on Talk is Jericho kinda opened my eyes a bit.

Apparently talent have access to the WWE.com guys at TV every week. You can come up with your own shit to put on there. When Breezango weren't booked, they came up with loads of fun backstage skits that went on the website and generated a buzz over time.

Basically if you're not on TV, there are other ways to keep you relevant and eventually get you booked.
Kinda ass backwards, though. Throw a bunch of bullshit or repetitive matchups on TV, but put the onus of responsibility on the unused talent. Not everyone has what guys like Breeze and Curtis have, and even if they do, there is no guarantee that will even work. If "Fashion Peaks" didn't get over, it would be "their fault" and they would remain off of TV because the company can't be assed to at least book them in televised tag matches on the show more than once a literal calendar/weather changing season?

Reminds me a bit of when MCMG were the most over tag team in TNA (not to mention the feud with Beer Money was a licence to print... well... money) and they were on television for a quick talking segment maybe once a month. Twice if the company bothered to book them in a random match.

So, now Breezango are "staying relevant" because they have to do other nonsense instead of said nonsense being "supplemental". By extention, they are helping The Ascension, and those two were victims of really shitty booking and then continual disuse... and before this, they were also "helped out" by Cody (Rhodes) and Wade Barrett. And they still aren't being used even though the tag scene on BOTH SHOWS are a lackluster shitshow of lack of depth. They would be better off going back to NXT, and I don't mean that as a "demotion", I mean that as a "they would be better utilized and can actually function in matches on TV on a one hour show than a bigger budget two hour show.

Seriously, there are only so many times Usos and New Day can fight in a row, and the tag teams that are left thus far- said Fashion Police and Top Guns Danger Zone Ascension are fucking around with skits they have to put together themselves? WWE did better work on this type of shit in the 80's with A HALF HOUR of TV a week (HOUR AND A HALF if you actually had cable, since cable back then was more of a luxury). And half of that time was used on "big names vs local jobbers" matches. Unless Heavy Machinery, AoP, TM61, a reunited DIY, and reDragon all show up, and they let the Singh brothers compete instead of just being "J&J for Jinder", the only tag teams being used for team blue are New Day and Usos. Five guys. And other folks not being used is their own fault because a whole team of writers, bookers, and agents can't figure anything else out??? I find that laughable.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote