View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 06:13 AM   #90
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchables View Post
lol @ drew mcintyre accidentally popping open the MITB briefcase when he hurled it at the set only to reveal there is nothing in there

which, like, obviously, but still

i kinda thought the case switch would be a storyline thing, like there would be nothing in there as part of the story whenever priest tries to cash in and that JD would have the old case with the contract in it to give to finn

but i think it was just empty because it is a prop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I don’t think it really makes sense for the contract to switch eligibility by possession. But they could get creative with it somehow. I’ve been very underwhelmed by the idea of the briefcase holder for years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchables View Post
yeah, i know. could be fun though. give it a kinda 24/7 or hardcore championship feel, and provide an impetus to cash in sooner rather than waiting for 10 months until someone's just finished an iron man match and flopping onto a dead body to claim the belt without a fight

like it kind of flips the script on the briefcase holder; cash in or run the risk of someone else stealing your contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepholio View Post
should have an oceans 11 type thing with people trying to heist it
To be completely honest, I thought the whole "Rhodes Scholars" feud thing was going to end in a way where Sandow had the elaborate new briefcase with a re-drawn contract, but Cody snuck the contract out from inside the original before throwing it into the sea and uses it to attempt a cash in.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote