View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:21 PM   #22
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Pretty much the run with Hogan and Savage and then downhill from there.

He had some great stuff with Jake and the Virgil stuff was cool. But nothing was ever a full on homerun after the Hogan/Savage stuff IMO. You could argue he was past his prime once he was the million dollar man, as he was only actively in the WWF from the end of '87 (beginning of '88?) until '93.

I'm doing him a disservice, he was tremendous but without his Midsouth stuff to reference I just think Hall is better.
DiBiase started I believe shortly after Wrestlemania 3 and was definitely past his prime. DiBiase with his black glove gimmick from Mid South would have been perfect in 84/85 to feud with Tito for the I.C title.
Even that wasn't good. People didn't buy DiBiase as a challenger to Hogan because Hulk had been battling guys like Andre, Kamala, Studd, Bundy and beaten them all. They viewed DiBiase as being too small to be a threat. The same issue they ran into with Mr.Perfect.

A different time that's for sure.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote