View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 PM   #23
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Big Thing View Post
1) You can't be fucking serious saying Carwin crapped out because of an adrenaline rush. Don't be a mark. I've yet to hear any of the great fighters claim they blew their load in the first round due to an adrenaline rush. You think he's the first guy to ever go out aggressive in the first round of a fight? You think he's the first guy to ever try to capitalize on a wounded opponent and not be able to finish him off in the first round?

2) Do YOU even know what fighters train with Greg Jackson? Pretty sure Nate Marquardt is one of those boys I said Silva beat the shit out of. If YOU knew who he trained maybe you would have thought twice about that comment.

3) Chael Sonnen has a good showing and now, Anderson Silva, who has won 13 straight is simply a counterpuncher. And you expect to be taken seriously by relegating one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time to the status of counterpuncher? GTFO.
Adrenaline dump. The after effects, not the actual rush. Also, Silva's main weapon is counter punching. Granted he's great at pretty much everything, but he counter punches like a motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
Cain Velasquez is gonna work Brock like a government mule, Brock is gonna tire, and Cain is gonna get the win.
Hard to say. I doubt Cain will KO him at any point, but I can see it going to the 4th or 5th round in a close fight before either of them gains a significant upper hand.