View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #283
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wyatt could still be an on-air character. I think Brodie Lee would make a tremendous follower for him. Wyatt can talk for Lee and develop his character. Anyway, other thoughts:

* Seth Rollins still doesn't do it for me. His work with Dean Ambrose in FCW was absolutely tremendous, but I just do not give one flying fuck about his spazz-out stuff yet. It's still early days, I guess. I really think the best way to kick off the new NXT would have been with Triple H introducing the show and then Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose as the first match. Rollins would go over, and then the next week Ambrose would cost Rollins his second match in NXT. Commence feud.

And I do like the Blackout, but not as a finisher.

* Bo Dallas both looks good and terrible at the same time. I cannot describe it. He really should be playing a creepy American Psycho-type character, in my opinion. The blue-chip babyface thing is pretty bland thus far.

* Kassius Ohno was good in the ring and technically good on the mic, but there's just something weird about how he is presenting himself. Not bad. I would like to hear William Regal convey what it is to the audience. His character is pretty understated. It's like he's meant to be a prize-fighter or something like that. It goes against his look, but I kind of enjoy that.

* I think I'm kind of in love with Paige. I didn't think I would be, but I am. I was a big supporter of the WWE signing Sofia Cortez, but I really wanted to see Paige beat her. Two great ladies there.

* I really enjoyed Jake Carter & Corey Graves. For those who don't know, Corey Graves is apparently "Sterling" James Keenan from ROH. I like his look. He's that darkly charming but rough looking guy that lives the party lifestyle and gets laid all the time. Jake Carter had something really weird about him that I liked -- he looks like an all-American pretty boy, but he comes across as dark and violent. I don't know if it's on purpose, but I really think that his character should be that he has his model mother's looks crossed with his father's legendary warrior genes. Vader would have gotten so much pussy in his career for just being such a...man. And that should be where Carter comes from, I think. The product of savage intensity and trophy beauty.

These guys could be a fantastic team, in my opinion, and it might be early days, but if their characters are what I think they will be, then I think they will be really great personas. I'm just waiting for Graves to talk about how he grew up hating everybody and Carter talking about how his father was never there because he was over in Japan -- and kids would constantly try to fight him to see if he was as tough as his dad. Their connection could be their common disdain for the world.

* Jinder Mahal is actually doing good work in NXT, I think. He should probably stay there forever.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote