View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
PapaGeorgio
2015 TPWW FANTASY CHAMP

PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)PapaGeorgio puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
My issue seems to be file playback. Most of the files I would download are going to be in AVI format and I really don't want to go through the hassle of converting files.

There are media players out there that will play all files but nothing kid friendly. Most have them scrolling through a long string of text names that just look sloppy to me and wouldn't help out a kid who can't read.

I like the look of XBMC and that is ideally what I'd want. I'm happy to take the time to grab images for movies as needed as I've formatted my computer media center that way. It's just nice to browse on something like this

But I just don't see a little box doing that where I wouldn't have to convert anything. I suppose my alternative is to find a PC desktop? Just searched craigslist for anything cheap and did't see much in my price range. I may just need to chalk this up as a lost cause?

Appreciate the help so far too.