View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #63
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
For the women, although I would like to see Becky Lynch mix it up with the other Horsewomen, and while I don't think they had long-term plans at the start of the draft that included WrestleMania, I think that they probably will go Becky vs. Nikki now. The WWE don't really care about crowd reactions these days, and I think the hope will be that having an NXT girl in there will keep the crowd on side and be respectful and polite for the Nikki Bella wins the belt story.

I can't see them doing two singles matches for the women's belts though. They're very quickly running Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley combos into the ground, and I can see them wanting to put Nia Jax on the card, because of nepotism. Emmalina is returning, and I can see Vince and Kevin Dunn being huge fans of her. I said it when those pictures of Emma started popping up "If someone with power sees this she will be pushed as their biggest female star." Someone has noticed.

How about Charlotte vs. Emmalina on a RAW sometime, with Dana Brooke doing the turn on Charlotte to re-align with her first mentor. Charlotte becomes a de facto babyface and aligns with the other good girls to face the team of Emmalina, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax at WrestleMania? If they want a reason for Sasha and Bayley to help Charlotte, I guess they can just have Emma, Dana & Nia screw with them too, but you could have Emma do something dastardly like turn the Women's Title -- although staying in line with its history -- back into the Divas Title for her reign. All of Charlotte, Bayley & Sasha's hard work undone.

I'm still not sure The New Day get to do anything more special than be in a Fatal 4-Way with the other teams that are half-way over from RAW -- Sheamus & Cesaro likely being champs by that point, Gallows & Anderson because they've paid them a lot of money and Enzo & Cass because Enzo can talk.

The dude I can't really see much for is Sami Zayn. Triple H vs. Seth Rollins doesn't really pop, so if they wanted to go with the Owens vs. Rollins vs. Balor idea of the former NXT Champions that have reached the World Title level fighting, that might leave Chris Jericho free to work with Sami Zayn, provided that he's around still. I have a feeling that Jericho went over Zayn at Clash of Champions to set up a proper feud between them, but Jericho the buddy-buddy stuff with Kevin Owens overtook the Triple H elements of the story and anything planned between Y2J and Sami Zayn. Triple H can probably do a segment with The Rock and Mick Foley to make him feel special, and sit out of actual in-ring competition as a political statement about him changing roles. Hahahaha! Triple H sitting out of Mania?!? Yeah, right.

But that card would look like this:

* The Undertaker (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE World Title

* Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar III

* The Rock segment, also starring Triple H, Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon

* Big Show vs. Shaq (Body Slam Challenge?)

* AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

* Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor for the RAW World Title

* Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt (c) vs. American Alpha for the SmackDown Tag Titles

* Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

* Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman for the US Title

* Chris Jericho vs. Sami Zayn

* Charlotte, Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. Emmalina, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax

* The Brian Kendrick (c) vs. Jack Gallagher for the Cruiserweight Title

* Becky Lynch (c) vs. Nikki Bella for the SmackDown Women's Title

* Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass for the RAW Tag Titles

* The Miz (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. Kane vs. Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews vs. Luke Harper in a Ladder Match for the IC Title
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote