View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #17
Emeye
Amsel Dominique

Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)
I don't see the women's division being deep enough, despite it being better than it's been since the days of Lita, Trish, etc (interest wise. Talent wise it is possibly the best WWE has ever had). The problem is that even with the roster split, the brands are still so deep. There are a handful of main eventers will fighting over the Universal, WWE, Intercontinental, and United States Championships, along with a very deep Tag Team division, and the lower card & Cruiserweight/205 superstars.

I thought things were going great with the Women's Division when Charlotte and Sasha were battling it out. HIAC, Ironman, and Main Event matches, unpredictability with the title changes, and the all around quality of the matches. The reason it worked so well is because they had two women who could put on good matches and draw interest and they had the majority of the focus on those two so they were able to do something they hadn't done in years - Build an actual storyline.

The Charlotte/Sasha feud was before the brand split. I think the brand split and addition of the SDLive Women's Title could actually be just what the division needs if booked right. If they just had the 2 or 3 best women (in ring performers who can draw and cut half decent promos) on each show fight for the brand's title over a good enough period of time to build a storyline with history and a back-story between the 2 or 3 women, and they delivered matches that were the caliber of Sasha and Charlotte's, they could definitely rejuvenate the division.

I haven't been following the program enough to know what women are on what show, but the way I see it, you have Charlotte, Sasha, Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Bayley, and Nia Jax as women who can put on a good match, talk, and draw. Seeing the title on people like Naomi and Natalya just seems pointless to me. They are not going to get people interested. Other than the 6 I mentioned (like I said I'm not sure who is on what show, but if they have a Superstar Shake Up put 3 on each show) the rest of the division should just have one match between 2 of them every week and see if any get over. I could see a Mickie James or possibly a Lana getting over. I just can't see people getting pumped to see Naomi and Natalya, even if given time to build a feud and a back-story, in an Ironman match like Charlotte and Sasha.

My point is, nobody is going to get excited to see Emma, Naomi, Natty, The Bellas, Tamina, or any of the other women in a program. They were able to capture lightning in a bottle with Sasha/Charlotte. Split the Alexa Bliss, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Nia Jax, and Bayley up to where 3 are on each show, and build a program with them. Every week or every other week have the other girls rotate one on one matches, see who gets a reaction, and if somebody like a Mickie James starts getting crowd reactions, make them the 4th in the title scene on their show. Two heels, two faces, two feuds. Tag team matches, pass the title around between them occasionally.

I just think there are two many women that are just flat out dull, and it's damn near impossible to get a women's feud really over nowadays, but it has been done recently. Despite their in-ring ability, who really wants to see Naomi and Natty in the title picture? Come on ... Maryse interests me more in her promos with Miz then "The Glow".
Emeye is offline   Reply With Quote