Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 10:38 AM   #75
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Final thought on this.

If the second round went five second longer, the ref was stopping the fight due to the choke. Difference between this round and the third where Ortiz let the clock run down whilst on his back. If the situation was reversed, I'd be defending Evans.

Guillotines might be basic chokes but that doesn't stop the fact Evans was passing out.

Tito has only lost to 2 world class fighters in 8 years. I'm still saying he isn't a top 5 205lbs fighter right now but he is FAR from past it. I don't know where you were going with Couture. All I'm saying is a Olympic level wrestler owned him. Ortiz's wrestling is fine until facing top level wrestlers and there aren't many of them in his division in the UFC. Aside from Liddell and Shogun, I'd make Ortiz a favourite against fighter in his division in the world. Yes even Silva in a cage with UFC rules.

Frank Shamrock barely fought in 8 years.