View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #31
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Let's see. Of the people I know who watch wrestling, about one of them (Myself) is an "internet fan." My friends have never been considered "smarts." Hell, they're my friends...How could they even be considered smart?

Two of my casual (By casual, I mean casual wrestling fans) friends have just started tuning in again regularly because they think the action's picking up again. They're both pumped for Benoit (Though one of them would have PREFERRED Cena).

One of my casual buddies seems to be Vince's ideal fan. The guy thinks that the bigger the guy is, the badder he is. I think he's compensating for being a midget. He's a monster Lesnar mark, but cheers for the likes of Show, Taker, Jones, Morgan....He loved the Radicalz, however. He DOES like Benoit, but not as much as "Latino Heeeeeeeat," Who's evidently one of his favorites (Ironic, considering what I just mentioned).

I know a guy who HATES Benoit, and anyone similar to him. Technical ability means shit to him, and he's pretty bored by Smackdown period. Not enough personality.

Annnnnnd one of my friends is cumming himself over Benoit having a title shot. Because he's pretty casual about wrestling, I think he tuned out when Lesnar took over. I'm not sure if it's because he loves Chris, or because he HATES Brock. I think there's a good chance that He'd cheer Cena, Benoit, or Michael Cole if it got Lesnar away from the title. Or he could be a Benoit mark. I dunno.

See, if I went on what my friends thought, I'd have to think that Benoit was mad popular. Granted, maybe BDC has a bigger sampling group (I have, tops, 8 wrestling fans I know well...Most of my friends are "above" rassling in one way or another...). Going off what I've seen on the internet, I'd also have to believe that the common mark isn't into what Vince wants. I mean, when even RPG forums and the like complain about the wastes of space that are people like Show, something's wrong. Granted, I never polled an RPG forum (Or any other forum) to see if they like Benoit specifically, so maybe that's out too.

This is why it's so hard to trust statistics. Conduct ten different polls, depending on the places you go, and you'll get anywhere up to 10 different results.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote