View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 01:25 AM   #37
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
I completely agree with that. The IC and U.S. titles should be the "stepping stones" for main event status. That's why I'm always disappointed when they put those belts on people that have NO chance at being in the main event scene, i.e. Billy Gunn, Goldust, Chyna (please don't flame me girls). The IC and U.S. title get little to no respect. The way Big Show just flaunts that title around and already defends it brings down the title's credability.

John Cena is NOT ready to be in the main event scene. He has the strength (F-Uing the Big Show twice), but I don't think he has enough endurance. Plus he hasn't been around long enough to be pushed that far without the possiblity of him being buried. Benoit on the other hand is definitely ready, regardless of whether or not he has a gimmick (Chris Candido was a very successful superstar with the "NO Gimmick Needed" gimmick).

Just a thought here: Even though most of the legendary WWE champions have held the IC title, look at Brock Lesnar, who was pushed to win the WWE title within 10 months I think, and never held any midcard titles.
The thing that Brock had going for him was A) his size, which makes people automatically associate him as a main eventer and B) he got the Goldberg push so he didn't need to win a secondary title because he was given a WWE title shot so quickly.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote