View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 12:37 AM   #483
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The more I think about it, the more I want that card to happen. As for the winners:

* I'd put Styles over Taker. Styles is around full-time and will basically be seen as a babyface by this point. This will be his confirmation as "the guy." He can clutch the WWE Title after defeating The Undertaker like it is one of his children. Taker can give Styles a sign of respect after the match and all can be good in the wrestling world.

* I'd put Finn Balor over Reigns and Strowman. The "faces" can work together to neutralize Strowman and he can take a bump off the stage or something. Reigns and Balor can then tear it up with each other before Strowman returns like a bat out of hell and destroys both guys getting near falls on both. Gallows & Anderson, who have been teasing an alliance with Balor hit the ring and end up taking out Strowman again. This brings out The Usos to fight with them to the back. Reigns Spears Strowman but Balor breaks it up with a Coup de Grace and then hits a new finishing move to pin Roman Reigns and become the two-time Universal Champion.

* Joe chokes out Cena. I'd love for Cena to tap, but they will probably protect the "Never Give Up" thing. Still, a submission victory on the books for Joe against Cena at Mania puts him right in Styles' sight as a challenger for the WWE Title. I'd really love it if he took out Undertaker too, but that is optional.

* I'm still thinking I'd put Goldberg over Brock. Make Goldberg that one dude that Brock just cannot beat, even when he is focused and ready. Heyman can talk Brock out of the loss and it lets you keep Goldberg on your shelf of draws.

* In the six-man, I'd put the babyfaces over. Nakamura is debuting and it'd be good for Rollins to get a Mania win as a babyface. Owens & Jericho are probably heading to the dissolution too. Triple H and Owens can blame Jericho for the loss (and indeed he is pinned by Nakamura) and that heads towards Owens vs. Jericho in the post-Mania season.

* Bray Wyatt could really use a WrestleMania win. It's also building another heel for Styles, and perhaps his immediate challenger. Maybe Orton can re-align with Bray after losing and realizing that he is the ruler he needs? Styles vs. Orton could be a lot of fun too. I'd like to see SAnitY on the main roster after WrestleMania, and having them force The Wyatt Family back together might be a fun little program that makes The Family faces, as crowds clearly want to cheer them. Whatever. This little spat ends with Bray winning and then you can do whatever.

* The Rock's cousin probably walks out of Mania with the RAW Women's Title. She can pin Sasha Banks, who I would move to SmackDown after this. Charlotte's streak can be broken and the frustrating thing is that she wasn't involved in the decision. Bayley also wouldn't have been pinned. Charlotte can be babyfaced by this decision, go on to beat Jax for the belt back, and that's when you can do Dana turning on Charlotte and helping Emmalina secure the belt and call up Asuka to RAW, because they are really going to need to broaden that division. Looking at those plans, you don't really need to move the belt until Emmalina wins the belt on a RAW, and you can keep the streak of Charlotte's alive. Maybe you do go with Charlotte winning at Mania?

* Big E wins the Battle Royal. If you do the IC Title Ladder Match (I would), then you can have Rusev be the last guy in there to give him some focus and shine. It can look like he is about to win, but Kofi & Woods re-enter, Rusev tosses them out again, but then finds himself the victim of some babyface fire from Big E to clotheslines Rusev out and wins the match.

* I'd love for Becky Lynch to win the SmackDown Women's belt back. I think she's the most over babyface they have in that division (well, she was the last time I watched), and there are so many great stories you can tell with her. She can get the last submission on Mickie James here, so Alexa can blame her for the loss and the two can feud moving forward. Sasha jumps over to SmackDown and immediately teases some tension with Becky Lynch. You'll have Nikki Cross coming in with SAnitY. I'd probably move Naomi, Carmella and Nikki Bella over to RAW in exchange for the girls that come over from RAW (Sasha Banks, Summer Rae and Paige...if they smooth things over with her). Natalya probably isn't necessary on SmackDown after this point either. She can go to RAW and work with Bayley and help get her more over. Becky, Sasha, Mickie, Cross are more than capable of carrying the division forward, with Alexa being the earmarked pet project. Asuka can finish things up with Ember Moon and then maybe join them on SmackDown. I think she'd fit the aesthetic of the show and be a lot of fun beating up both Becky and Sasha. I imagine that the Peyton Royce/Billie Kay double act will see the main roster at some point too. I wouldn't mind them joining Emma on RAW, but they could probably be used to "sex" up SmackDown with their more serious looking female wrestlers.

* Dean Ambrose & Renee Young win the mixed tag when Young hits Dirty Deeds on Maryse. I mean, that is what she'd be in there to do, right?

* I'd spin Dolph and Kalisto off into a singles feud after the Ladder Match. It'd be nice to see Kalisto get a run with the IC Title, but I can see them eventually heading towards Hair vs. Mask and you don't really need the title involved with those stakes already there. Kane would not be in there to win. Corbin is a guy they'd probably like to give a run with the belt, but I think it'd be more an anchor for the sort of performer he is. You can give him some shine in here without actually putting him over other acts. It really comes down to either Crews or Harper for me. I'd be fine with Harper winning the belt, but it could really help Crews if he somehow gets his head above water here and pulls down the belt. He's lacking in the personality department, but if he's built to be a champion it's time to start treating him like one. With Big E going over in the Battle Royal and American Alpha winning the opening match, Crews winning could also add to the black excellence of the event.

* Even if he doesn't sign a full-time deal with the WWE, I'd still put Ibushi over in the CW Title match. You can always have Neville win back the belt later.

* American Alpha win the opener.

So your champion roll call coming out of Mania would hopefully be:

WWE Champion: AJ Styles
Universal Champion: Finn Balor
IC Champion: Apollo Crews
US Champion: Chris Jericho might still have it, or it might have bounced between Jericho, Zayn, Rollins and Owens -- but let's say Jericho
RAW Tag Team: You can probably leave them on Sheamus & Cesaro in this scenario
SmackDown Tag Team: American Alpha
RAW Women's: Charlotte
SmackDown Women's: Becky Lynch
CW: Kota Ibushi
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote