Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #2979
Kris P Lettus
Listen to Killer Mike

Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Thanks, bro..

Quote:
Brock Lesnar may be training for the biggest fight of his short career when he faces off against Randy Couture at UFC 91 in Las Vegas, Nevada in November. Lesnar knows he will face off against stiff competition when he faces Couture, so lesnar’s representatives have asked the NSAC to remove veteran referee Steve Mazzagatti from consideration to officiate the bout.

Lesnar’s representatives, David Olsen and Brian Stegeman told Sherdog.com about why they asked for “Mazz” to be removed from consideration.

Lesnar’s reps claim he was “involved in what we believe was a controversial ruling in connection with the Mir-Lesnar fight.” Lesnar’s reps told Sherdog. ”They asked that Mazzagatti be removed from consideration for the UFC 91 main event to avoid “distraction” and “any further controversy.”
The incident they are speaking about is when Mazzagatti took a point away from lesnar for hitting Frank Mir in the back of the head at UFC 81 earlier this year. Lesnar was critical several times of Mazzagatti’s point deduction in the bout.

Head of the NSAC Keith Keizer said he thought Mazzagatti did a great job calling the fight at UFC 81.

“I think Mazzagatti did a great job that night,” Kizer said.
With Lesnar’s request to have Mazzagatti removed from consideration, you have to wonder if this could actually come back to hurt Lesnar in his professional MMA career. I am not a referee, but I am pretty sure Lesnar’s blows were illegal from what I remember. Besides will referees backlash at Lesnar for attempting to pick and choose his officials? I guess we will find out in the near future.
He has a point but it seems kinda unprofessional..

I dunno..