View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 09:54 PM   #125
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I talked to a kid the other day that said "He's boring." Another thinks it's lame that he hasn't "moved on" from The Shield. The only wrestling t-shirts I've seen within the past two years on kids were a Seth Rollins shirt (this is while he was still a heel) and a John Cena shirt. You can find plenty of anecdotes for kids who prefer lots of other acts to Roman Reigns. House shows are largely attended by families these days -- Dean Ambrose outdrew Reigns as a house show attraction. I saw that Gertner posted here that Bray Wyatt and AJ Styles were both better house show draws than Roman Reigns.

Sorry, but your anecdotal evidence only holds up as anecdote. I'm not calling you a liar, because I'm sure you do work with kids, but all the kids I've spoken to think he's pretty shit. My best friend's a teacher, some of the boys in his class stopped watching when Reigns won the belt at WrestleMania (no joke). He's not a wrestling fan, but Reigns is one of the few wrestlers he knows because the kids hate him. My teacher friend who is a wrestling fan works in high schools with adolescents, and they generally aren't interested in wrestling, but he seems to think that AJ Styles is a hit with the ones who are, and that Roman Reigns is despised. Cena is also beloved in an ironic meme sort of way. That's just my anecdotal counter to you. They're worth about the same when it comes to logic -- nothing.

But I can point out that The New Day outsold Reigns' merchandise at the WrestleMania where Reigns was getting his biggest push. I can point out that Ambrose won the WWE Title because he was performing better than Reigns at house shows. None of these indicate that Reigns is hated by all children, of course not; but your argument that he is loved by kids still has a lot of work in front of it, and telling me that you work with kids like you're the only person in the world with access to this information isn't going to convince me. Sorry.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote