View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #20
What Would Kevin Do?
Ninja Mod, Esquire

What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)What Would Kevin Do? has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Cena is already a heel, and the best heel in the business.

Think about it. They can't turn Cena full heel. If they do, A. Kids won't buy his merchandise, which is bad for business, and B. all the guys who are booing him now will probably start cheering him.

So what do they do? They make him a merchandise seller for the women and kids, yet they also have him utterly pissing off a ton of people. His entire gimmick right now is "Oh, fine, you can boo me, that's cool, it's your right, I'm going to rise above your hate." He's pretty much telling half the crowd "screw you, I'm bigger than this, I don't care about you."

Think about it, a good chunk of the crowd hates him, he doesn't care, he keeps doing what he wants to do, and he thinks he's in the right for it. He's the perfect heel. THe problem is, Cena isn't turning heel the way the "booing" fans want him too. The fact is though, he's getting a ton of heat, and he has this passive aggressive way of playing on it which gets him even more heat... And he's doing it without affecting his merchandise sales.

It's brilliant. All of the people who want Cena to turn heel don't realize he already is a heel, just to them. The problem is, they want the "cool heel," and the lack of that is making Cena into a bigger heel for that group of fans.
What Would Kevin Do? is offline   Reply With Quote