View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:57 PM   #88
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Rumored card looks decent but not interested at all for Reigns vs Strowman. Doubt the crowd is going to care either since it's probably going to be worse in quality than Triple H vs Reigns and Strowman's push afterwards is probably going to end up like almost every other monster heel after their first big loss.

Only real issue with the card is the amount of big stars supposedly retiring since the WWE doesn't have an equal amount of really big stars on the current roster that could sell a Mania on their own. They'd be left with just Cena and maybe Orton as people who could sell a Mania on their own since they've done a horrible job overall getting the next gen of mega stars ready to take over. Should have started it on Mania 30 but WWE pretty much undid all the work from that event with the past 2 Manias.
I would argue in Cena's run on top he's rarely had to carry a Mania. The only time I think he was the key focal point was 22 with HHH and the two fights with The Rock. Outside of that he's been in mostly random matches. I would say Taker has carried more Manias than John. I don't think Orton ever carried a Mania, maybe 25 with HHH. But that's debatable.

At this stage Mania is more about the time when the part time guys come back and interact with the day to day stars. That's why it'll be interesting to see if they keep putting Goldberg over Brock to create a new attraction.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote