View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #97
Downunder
God Bless America

Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Downunder makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
That's the set my mate has. If you're going to buy a show, buy it in style, I say.

Deadwood is going to be next after The Wire, for me. I've seen bits and pieces of The Wire from around the place, but this will be my first time going through it from beginning to end. Watching the fifth episode in the first season, I am in complete awe at how great this scene with D'Angello and this girl in a restaurant is.

He's talking about how he doesn't fit in, and she says that they're not the only black people here. He says "it ain't about that," and this waiter brings up the dessert cart. D grabs some cake for this girl, and the waiter tells him that they're only the samples, and you can just feel the awkwardness D is experiencing. Fucking genius. So relatable, too, even though I'm not the nephew of a black drug lord in the Baltimore projects.

I've just started watching The Wire, 3 episodes into the first series, it's pretty bloody good so far.

So many great shows that either never get shown here or get buired late at night - I love the internet.
Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote