View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #82
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The best suggestion I had ever hear for a Nolan-esque Penguin would be a pudgy arms dealer who gets the nickname Penguin

I still don't think we'll see it, nor do I really even want to. I think Riddler and Catwoman are the way to go, but I also wouldn't rule out Nolan going in a suprising direction.
Establishing Hush as a major villain would be interesting. I think less known villains are often written off as not being established, but every villain that's over with the mainstream has to get there somehow. Starring in a movie does that.

I doubt very many non-comic reading people had a clue who Two Face, Posion Ivy and Mr. Freeze were before the Schumacher movies, even if they sucked.
Same goes for a lot of the villains popularized by the animated series, like Riddler, Catwoman and maybe even Joker and Penguin to a degree. They weren't always cultural figures.

Really I have total faith in Nolan to do what he thinks is best for the story. I really wouldn't doubt it until I saw it for myself, given his track record and grip on the material thus far.
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote