View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #361
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
The problem Spider-Man 3 ran into was forgetting it was a superhero movie and turning it into some kind of obscure romantic comedy (the dance scene ffs) and focusing less on bad ass action sequences and more on crappy scenes of Peter being a goth and Mary Jane whining like a little bitch. Also, casting Topher Grace as Venom was the worst idea ever.

DKR will be awesome. I have complete faith in Christopher Nolan, the studio is going to let him do what he wants to do, and I have yet to see a Nolan movie that didn't blow me away in all aspects.
I didn't mind the romantic aspect of Spider-Man 3. I just felt like adding Gwen Stacy for virtually no apparent reason was silly, and Venom should have been saved for the now canned fourth film. There always has to be some conflict to relate to.

Back to TDKR...apparently, some legit plot points have been leaked. Courtesy of badassdigest.com

SPOILER: show
Quote:
I just talked to a good source near the Batcamp and have come away with information about The Dark Knight Rises that confirms lots of speculation from recent months. This is, technically, all spoilers. I feel pretty confident that this info is good, but know that Christopher Nolan has gotten very, very skilled at manipulating us nerds and isn’t above throwing out some misinformation from time to time.

Here goes nothing:

As she herself confirmed, Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman in the movie. I can’t tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn’t a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out?

The League of Shadows.

Headed by Talia Al’Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in tow. Is he playing Black Mask? My source didn’t know, but did know that Levitt is certainly an antagonist and involved with the League of Shadows.

I trust this source quite a bit, but again remember that there are rumors being fed out by the Batcamp that are purposefully untrue. And that there are people within the camp who have partial information – including my source here, who only knows some things and can only guess at others.

If this does indeed prove true, it'd be a nice way to wrap up the series full circle.
Damian Rey is offline   Reply With Quote