View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #367
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post
I love Chicago as Gotham, as it has a distinct feel to it that fits the idea. Batman is noir, and Chicago is perfect for that.
Of all cities, I feel as though Chicago is the closest to Gotham in every way, along with strong elements from New York as well (and obviously it's status as the country's "#1" city.)

But I also like the idea of the film depiction of Gotham not committing to one city so comfortably, primarily for the reason of adding to the visual diversity.
I love how we see different parts of the city in Begins and TDK (although a lot of Begins was in Chicago as well.)
If they end up going with Chicago fully again, I'll be happy, but at the same time bringing in Pittsburgh would be very cool.
They could find some really interesting locales. I fully expect them to explore new parts of Gotham and different looks.
Pittsburgh is a pretty old, industrial city so I'm sure it has a lot to offer. It's not like they go and blatantly use the skyline or anything, so Gotham will still be Gotham.

I'd love to see them find some old gothic looking churches or buildings. That's one thing there hasn't been a lot of in the Nolan films.
I don't want it over the top like the Burton ones, since these are just a different type of film, but a little of that might be cool in a scene or two. If it fits.
I completely agree and I welcome the use of a new city. Chicago was a great backdrop in the first two films, but I'm sure Pitts. will do a fine job for scenery. And like you said, there are some areas that could be put to good use, and I think keeping things fresh and adding different areas from different cities is a positive.
Damian Rey is offline   Reply With Quote