View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #16
Franchise

Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)Franchise is pretty cool (5,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post

That being said, it was always going to be hard to figure out from a booking perspective. When Taker had the Streak intact, losing it to Sting would have made zero sense but having Sting drop his first WWE match would have been a bit of a wet fart as well. Now that the streak is gone, I'm still not sure how you book it. You have the same issue of not wanting Sting to drop his first match but do you really have Taker lose a second time in a row?

If the match HAD to happen, I suppose you have Taker avenge his streak against someone this year (or sit out entirely) while Sting goes over HHH. And then they face off at WM 32 with the build being that it's each man's retirement match. But that build still seems flimsy and I don't think they'd want Taker sharing his retirement moment with another retiring legend.

Sting v Undertaker at WM would only have had its effect had the streak been in tact from the angle that Taker had beaten everyone in the WWE and that there's nobody left, then Sting would appear and pose a new challenge. Someone on his level in terms of iconic status in their respective organisations, their characters, their mystique, their styles, all heading fr a collision course. It would build and build and build until boiling point. Without the streak, there's nothing to build on for a feud at WM so it's a non-starter.

Not sure why nobody is keen on the idea of seeing the two face off at another PPV after Mania (assuming Taker returns)? There would be no shadow cast over by the streak etc and just a pure old fashioned grudge match.

But again I feel the Undertaker has lost that aura that set him apart from everyone else and watching him wrestle again for me......it's difficult. He needs to avenge the defeat to Lesnar and then frankly.....that should be it.

Allow Sting to wrestle Triple H and get the win. After that wrestle only a couple more matches if ability allows, maybe a tag match on Raw with Cena or someone else.

But until we see Taker walk down that ramp and avenge his loss to Lesnar, Sting won't figure in his plans.
Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote