Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #686
Reavant
Donkey Punch Elite

Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Reavant has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Doing a takedown which leads to something aggressive is fine. Otherwise it's the ground game equievent of a jab. I like Bisping but thought he lost but the takedown thing has bothered me for ages. It was just worse the other night when Bisping got up from every single takedown without too much trouble. Ortiz, Liddell and Hughes always capitalise on the takedown. Evans never does which is a shame because obviously it works for him.
I see what your sayen. I just think not scoring for take downs at all would be extreme. For example, If Bisbing offset the takedowns with something aggressive like good strikes or just going after evans on the feet, then Id say that giving evans the fight because he took bisbing down would be bull shit. However this is one of the times where takedowns were the only difference and the only thing done to counter them was stand up and escape. It would be like two fighters standing and one guy just lands jabs or leg kicks the whole fight and the other guy just checks them. I thought the fight was boring as hell, as Im sure you did too. I dunno, Im not trying to argue or anything cuz I agree with you for the most part, like i said I just dont think that they can change the way they score takedowns.